PHASE 1: UNPACKING AND INVENTORY
Carefully unpack the contents of the boxes. The standard Sterisil® Ac+System configuration is shipped in two boxes. One box will include the Ac+ along with the installation manual, warranty registration card, system mount, and assorted bags containing other needed items for installation. The water storage tank will be shipped separately.
VERIFY THERE WAS NO DAMAGE DURING SHIPMENT. IF DAMAGE IS EVIDENT, CONTACT THE SHIPPING COMPANY IMMEDIATELY.
Tools required for installation:
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Standard open end/box end wrenches ranging from 1⁄2” to 3⁄4” • Small to medium size adjustable wrench
- Standard hex key set
- Box knife
- Hand drill
- Phillips driver bits
- Universal drill bits: sizes 1/8” to 1⁄2” standard
- Schrader valved pressure gauge
- Low volume air pump
INVENTORY ITEMS MAY VARY DEPENDING ON SYSTEM SELECTION AND SPECIFIC PARAMETERS.
- Sterisil® AC+ System
- System mount (slide or hinged)
- Bag: (Manual, packing list, faucet sticker, tank sticker and warranty card)
- 10 ft 3/8” tubing
- 40 ft 1/4” tubing
- Autoclave Faucet (white) w/ 1/4” to 7/16” faucet connectors
- Cartridges (Stage 1, 2, 3, 4 [x3])
- Permeate Pump
- Blank Cartridge, clip and mounting screws
- UV Light transformer
- Large bag: Drain Saddle Valve, thread tape, Permeate Pump clip, 1/4” pressure gauge, 3/8” pressure gauge, Flow Restrictor, modular coupler, stem elbow x3, Autoclave Disc, cables and RJ-12 connectors.
- Small bag: #10×1” mounting screws x8, sheet rock plastic anchors x8, supply tee, 1/4” Tank Ball
- Valve, 3/8” Tank Ball Valve, Inline Ball Valve and Single Check Valve.
- Reserve Water Storage Tank
PHASE 2: MOUNTING AND PERIPHERAL COMPONENTS
CONSIDERATIONS PRIOR TO MOUNTING
The location of your Sterisil® AC+ System needs the following considerations:
- Distance to the water supply
- Leave enough slack in tubing to account for mounting configurations
- Accessibility to digital monitors
- UV Light replacement, allow 12” for clearance
- Cartridge clearance
- Distance to the electrical outlets
- Drain location for the brine linePlacement location for the storage tank
- Type of system mounting device: Slide or Hinged mount
The system will come with the slides affixed in the correct direction for proper maintenance. Please consider the orientation of the slides and affixing the slide mount to the wall mounting plate before you start.
Affixing the Slide Mount to the Wall
- Remove the system off of the slide mount.
- Take your slide mounting plate and mark your holes.
- Screw the mounting plate to the wall and ensure it is level.
Securing the AC+ to the Slide Mount
- Take the system and line up the rails on the back of the system plate to the slides on the mounting plate. Slide the unit until you hear the rails snap into place.
- Verify it is level.
The system will come with the hinges affixed in the correct direction for proper maintenance. Please consider the orientation of the hinges and affix the hinged mount to the wall mounting plate before you start.
Affixing the Hinged Mount to the Wall
- Remove the System from the mount.
- Take your hinged mounting plate and mark your holes.
- Screw the mounting plate to the wall and ensure it is level.
Securing the AC+ to the Hinged Mount
- Take the system hinges and affix them to the side of the mounting plate. Push to establish a connection.
- Verify it is level.
Peripheral components – No more than 50 feet from the system.
WATER STORAGE TANK
Storage tank size may differ with customer specifications and needs. Note: tank sizes will vary depending on pre-install requirements. The tank must be mounted within 50 feet of the system to maintain optimal water pressure. Set the storage tank in the desired location. A common location is under a sterilization center sink.
- Locate the tank and wrap the threads on top of the tank with thread tape (included).. Install the 3/8” valve and hand tighten it to the tank. Do not over tighten this valve.
- Ensure the pressure of the tanks is between 8–10 psi using a Schrader valved pressure gauge.
- Write the date installed in the designated space on the tank label.
The system includes a white Autoclave Faucet. Typical mounting location is on a counter-top extended over a sink.
Faucet assembly instructions are located on the back of the faucet box.
- Do not use the compression fittings provided. Instead, use theprovided push-fit 1/4” to 7/16” faucet connectors.
- Drill a 5/8” hole at the desired location.
- Place the faucet through the hole and mount using the hardware (included).
- Place the under-sink mounting washer, plastic gasket, lock washer, and install the nut (included in box) and hand tighten.
- Wrap the threads with thread tape, and install faucet connectors.
PHASE 3: CARTRIDGES
- Remove the yellow cap from the top of the cartridges, and write the install date with a permanent marker.
- Start by inserting the cartridges into the system from left to right beginning with Stage 1. Please note, there are three Stage 4 Cartridges. They will all be positioned interchangeably in ports 4 through 6.
- Once all cartridges are installed, remove the brine plug from the bottom of the Stage 3 Cartridge.
- Install the stem elbow.
- The bottom of Stage 3 will be used in future installation steps.
- Mount the Blank Cartridge clip on the wall near the system and place the Blank Cartridge in the clip.
- Please note, the Blank Cartridge is essential for troubleshooting possible blockages inside the system.
PHASE 4: SOURCE WATER AND TUBING
Ensure the source water to the Sterisil® AC+ System remains closed until the procedure calls for it to be turned on.
SOURCE WATER CONNECTION
- Turn off the water on the municipal supply line.
- Remove the existing hose, wrap the supply tee threads with thread tape, and install the supply tee on the cold water supply. Tighten the tee with a wrench. Hot water should not be used to feed the Sterisil® Ac+ System. For now the main valve will remained closed.
To make a connection with quick connect fittings, simply push the tubing into the fitting until it stops. When making cuts, be sure to cut at a right angle to the tubing itself, and inspect the ends for burrs. Be sure to factor any movement in the system into the tubing length so as to not put tension on ports or components.
Source Water: (Supply Tee to Source Port) (Red fitting indicator)
OPTIONAL ADD-ONS: Booster Pump and Pre-filter Kit
- Insert the white 1/4” tubing into the supply tee. The other end of this tubing will run to the “SOURCE” port on the side of the system.
- Cut the tubing and install a 1/4” Inline Ball Valve.
- Cut the tubing and install Single Check Valve (SCV) on this line.
Autoclave Port: (Green fitting indicator)
- Run 1/4” tubing from the green “AUTOCLAVE” port on the system to the white Autoclave Faucet.
- Permeate Pump: IMPORTANT: The Permeate Pump must be mounted with the long arrow pointing up. The Permeate Pump will not function properly if positioned sideways or upside down.
- Run 1/4” tubing from bottom of Stage 3 to “BRINE IN” on the Permeate Pump.
- Cut and insert the Flow Restrictor with the arrow pointing towards the Permeate Pump.
- Run 1/4” tubing from “BRINE OUT” on the Permeate Pump to Drain Saddle Valve (DSV).
- Note: If you have a floor drain that is accessible, you can always run tubing straight from the “BRINE OUT” port on the pump to the floor drain. If not, you will need to install the DSV on an existing drain pipe. Ensure tubing is secured into the drain.
- Run 1/4” tubing from “PERMEATE IN” on the Permeate Pump to black “PERMEATE IN” port on the System.
- Run 1/4” tubing from “PERMEATE OUT” on the Permeate Pump to grey “PERMEATE OUT” port on the System.
Drain Saddle Valve (DSV):
- Start by marking the drain pipe where you intend to drill your 1/4” hole. The DSV will need to be before or after the peatrap.
- Attach the gasket and mount the saddle valve with the provided nuts and bolts to the drain pipe.
- Once the DSV is properly mounted remove the gray collet from the hole.
- Drill through the hole into the drain pipe.
- When you drill the hole, be sure not to drill through the other side of the drain pipe.
- Clear any metal shavings from the hole, then reinsert the collet.
- Run 1/4” line from “BRINE OUT” on the Permeate Pump to the DSV.
Reserve Port: (Yellow fitting indicator)
OPTIONAL ADD-ONS: Pressure switch from Booster Pump
- Run a 3/8” line from the yellow “RESERVE” port on the system to the 3/8” Tank Ball Valve on the Reserve Water Storage Tank.
- Cut the tubing and insert the 3/8” pressure gauge, as close to the tank as possible.
PHASE 5: ELECTRICAL AND OPERATIONAL TEST
Connect all flat, 4-wire data standard power cords using color code and labels attached to the wires.
At this point, the Storage Tank Valve should be closed; meaning the ball valve knob is turned perpendicular with the tubing going in.
- Plug in the UV Light Transformer and verify the light is functional. There will be a slight blue/purple glow.
- Open the Source Water Valve at your municipal supply.
- Confirm source water pressure is above 65 PSI and below 85 PSI.
- Leave tank closed.
- Turn on the Autoclave Faucet, and wait for water. Check for leaks, then turn off the faucet.
- Open the Reserve by turning the tank ball valve knob in line with the tubing. The tank will slowly begin to fill. Allow at least four hours for pressurization.
- After four hours, open the valve at the white Autoclave Faucet, and start running water. At this point, you should be looking for leaks anywhere in the system and connecting tubing. Once you have water at the faucet and confirmed there are no leaks, run for 2–3 minutes, then close the faucet.
- Allow at least 8–12 hours for the tanks to completely fill.
- Check RO Quality Monitor and DI Quality Monitor readings.
- Ensure the Filter Monitor is set properly. Refer to the Maintenance Manual and the Ideal Readings and Operation document at www.sterisil.com/ac-acplus.
- OPTIONAL ADD-ONS
PRE-FILTER (OPTIONAL COMPONENT)
Account for a minimum of 2” clearance at the bottom for future filter replacements.
- Turn off your source water.
- Find a location where you can drive the screws for the bracket into the wall that will reach both your
- source water line and your Sterisil® Ac+ System source line.
- If you have a Sterisil® Booster Pump, the Pre-filter Kit will go before the Booster Pump on the source water line.
- Use a 15/64” to 1⁄4” drill bit to drill holes in which to put the anchors.
- Drive the #10 screws into the anchors through the holes in the metal mounting bracket.
- Use the thread tape to cover the threaded end of the push-in fitting adapters.
- Twist the two quick connect fitting adapters into the two holes on the lid of the filter housing.
- Attach the filter housing to the mounting bracket using the screws provided.
- With towels ready to catch any leaking water, make a clean square cut on the source line using a
- tube cutter or sharp knife. Note: If the cut is jagged, the connection will not be secure and may leak. At the “IN” on the Pre-filter lid, insert the source water line. At the “OUT” on the Pre-filter head, insert the water line to the system. Make sure the tubing is fully connected. You should feel it lock into place, and you should not be able to pull it loose or have it slip out.
- Make a cut on the incoming line, and install your inline ball valve with the valve in the open position.
- Turn your source water back on.
- Check for any leaks. If there are any leaks, confirm all connections are attached securely.
- Turn your source water back off. Place one of the sediment filters in the housing, and turn your source water back on.
CHANGING THE FILTER
Please consult with your Sterisil Dental Water Compliance Specialist to confirm your replacement interval. Mark your calendar for the specific interval.
- Close the inline ball valves before and after the housing.
- Purge the pressure from the filter housing by depressing the red button on the top of the lid.
- Unscrew the water reservoir lid to access and replace the micron filter inside.
- Reassemble and open the inline and source water valves to restore flow to the system.
- Visually confirm water is flowing freely.
BOOSTER PUMP (OPTIONAL COMPONENT)
- Electrical cord length and transformer.
- Pressure Switch: Ensure it is no more than 3 feet from the Storage Tank and Booster Pump. If you have a Pre-filter Kit, install it before you install the Booster Pump.
- There are arrows on the pump to show the direction of water flow, right to left.
- Mounting on a wall is optional. The pump can also be placed on the ground.
- DO NOT plug in the power cord until you have water flowing to the pump.
- Turn off the source water and ensure both tanks are closed.
- Find a location where you can reach the source water tubing with the Booster Pump and the 3/8” reserve line with the pressure switch. The pressure switch is installed on the “Reserve” line.
- Use a 15/64” to 1/4” drill bit to drill the pilot holes.
- Screw the #8 screws into the anchors through the holes on the Booster Pump.
- Make a clean square cut on the source line using a tube cutter or sharp knife. This cut should be close to the Pre-filter Kit if included. There are arrows on the Pump to show the direction of water flow. Insert the end coming from the municipal water source into the intake of the Booster Pump. The other end of the tubing will go into the outlet on the Booster Pump. Push tubing until it is fully inserted into each fitting.
- On the “Reserve” line, make a clean, square cut as close to the Reserve Tank as possible. Your Pressure Switch will fit into this line. Push tubing until it is fully inserted into the fittings on the Pressure Switch. This Switch is multidirectional.
- The Pressure Switch will connect to both the white ballast and the power cord on the Booster Pump.
- Turn your source water back on, plug in the power cord and run autoclave water for 60 seconds.
- Check for leaks. If there are leaks, ensure the pieces are properly connected.
As always if you have any questions about this process or anything else please feel free to contact us and take advantage of our “FREE TECH SUPPORT.”