With our Free Preventative Maintenance Program, we cultivate a section of our website dedicated to resources available to our customers anytime they need. This ranges from things like overviews of our products and items, manuals, and the subject of this article, preventative maintenance checklists. So today, we’ll be talking about the preventative maintenance checklist for your refurbished Statim G4 5000. This checklist will include the daily maintenance steps, as well as weekly, monthly, yearly and every two years. Along with links to the necessary parts for each action.
And if you have any questions our certified technicians are here to help. And you can give us a call at 704-966-1650, and hit option 3 for our Free Tech Support line.
The Preventative Maintenance
This document outlines the cleaning and preventive maintenance procedures needed to be maintained on your Statim G4 5000 refurb unit.
- Replace distilled water in reservoir as needed.
- Empty the waste bottle every me you refill the reservoir.
- For opthamalic use, drain water after each working day and refill at the start of the next workday.
- Wash the interior of the cassette with dishwashing soap or a mild detergent that does not contain chlorine.
- Scrub the the inside of cassette with a cleaning pad designed for use with Teflon coated surfaces.
- Clean water reservoir filter. For non-opthamalic use, drain reservoir at end of the work week.
- Use opticlave to clean the water reservoir at the end of each work week.
- Apply a new coating of Stat Dry to the inside surface of the cassette.
Every 6 Months
- Replace cassette seal every 500 cycles or six months (whichever comes first).
- Replace biological filter every 500 cycles or six months (whichever comes first).
- Replace check valve.
- Inspect the solenoid valve and clean if dirty* Replace plunger if defective*
*If you have questions about condition please contact our FREE Technical Support Line
If you’ve reached this point, then you should have a good understanding as to what your maintenance schedule should look like. But if you still have questions or there’s help you need, we’ve got options. You can call us anytime at our tech support line at 704-966-1650, Option 3 for free tech support. Or we have our Free Preventative Maintenance Program. Which allows you to submit information on your machine, and WE call YOU whenever it’s time to maintain a part of your autoclave. Our techs will walk you through step-by-step and tell you what part you need and what to do with it.
Hopefully this guide helps you to understand that preventative maintenance isn’t a daunting task as long as you know what to do.
As always if you have any questions about this process or anything else please feel free to contact us and take advantage of our “FREE TECH SUPPORT.”
We also offer FREE VIRTUAL TECH SUPPORT to “See and Talk” with a “Real Time Live Technician” for any problems you may be in need of help with.
You can also use our “FREE MAINTENANCE PROGRAM”. Take the guesswork and worrying about what unit is due for maintenance and which maintenance cycle it is time for. We will keep track of all your autoclaves and let you know when it’s time for anything.