This blog is an updated rendition of a blog we released from August of 2017 that you can find here.
Preventative maintenance is something that we stress as much as possible here at SAS. Maintaining your tools ensures that they’re working at maximum efficiency and extends their longevity in the long run. No matter what it is, you get your money’s worth when its properly taken care of. But it’s not just when you maintain them, it also comes down to HOW you maintain them. You can’t just wipe it down and call it a day. The manufacturers have specific maintenance instructions to ensure you get your unit back in top shape. But looking at what you have to do to maintain these units, it may seem daunting with all the specific steps and instructions. Thankfully, we’re here to help. We’ll walk you through the preventative maintenance step-by-step and ensure everything is done properly.
When done properly and on time, preventative maintenance can help avoid any service calls and in-house repairs. As long as you maintain the unit right, there’s no need to send it in. So, in this article, we’re going to look at how to properly maintain your Statim 2000 and Statim 5000 autoclaves.
The Statim 2000/5000 Preventative Maintenance
In this section, we’ll go over the preventative maintenance periods for your Statim 2000 and 5000 units. These maintenance periods are daily, weekly, every six months, and every 2 years. If you’d like to see the maintenance checklists we have available for the Statim 2000 and Statim 5000 on our site using the links below.
This section is for daily maintenance… to be done at the end of each and every work day. On a daily basis, you should:
- Replace the distilled water in your autoclave’s reservoir as needed.
- Every time you refill the reservoir, empty the waste bottle.
- For opthamalic use, you can also drain it at the end of the day, and fill it at the start of the next workday.
This section covers weekly maintenance, to be done at the end of each work week. Every week, you should:
- Wash the interior of the cassette with dishwashing soap or a mild detergent that does NOT contain chlorine.
- Scrub the the inside of cassette with a cleaning pad designed for use with Teflon coated surfaces. Rinse to remove all traces of cleaning product.
- Clean the water reservoir; for non-opthamalic use, drain the reservoir at the end of the work week.
- Use opticlave to clean the water reservoir at the end of each work week.
- Apply a new coating of Stat Dri to the inside surface of the cassette.
6-Month or 500 Cycle Maintenance
This section is dedicated to maintenance that should be done every 6 months, or 500 cycles, whichever comes first. Every six months or 500 cycles, you should:
- Replace the Cassette Seal every 500 cycles or 6 months (whichever comes first).
- Replace the Biological Filter every 500 cycles or 6 months (whichever comes first).
- Replace the Air Compressor Filter every 500 cycles or 6 months (whichever comes first).
Two Year Maintenance
This section is about the maintenance that should be done every 2 years. Every two years, you should:
- Replace the Check Valve.
- Inspect the Solenoid Valve and Clean if dirty.
- Replace the plunger if it’s defective.
If you have any questions about the condition of the valve or plunger, call us at 704-966-1650 option 3 for our tech support line.
With so many important components in your sterilizer, it’s important that they all function to the best of their ability. Despite it all, your Statim 2000/5000 autoclave may have failing components over time. You’ll need help from autoclave repair services to get your sterilizer in working order. So when the time comes, Sterilizer Autoclave Solutions is here to help. When you call our Free Tech Support line, we walk you through every step in detail. Whether it’s over the phone, text, on FaceTime or other video chat platforms, you name it.
And we can even help you set up preventative maintenance reminders to let us remind you when it’s time, and give you the proper materials and instructions for that maintenance period. We also have an entire playlist on our YouTube channel dedicated to the demonstration and maintenance of Statim units like the 2000 and 5000, among many others that you can find here!
If you have any questions about maintaining your Statim 2000 and 5000 units, call us at 704-966-1650, option 3 for our free tech support. You can also look into our different programs offered using the links below.
As always if you have any questions about this process or anything else please feel free to contact us and take advantage of our “FREE TECH SUPPORT.”
We also offer FREE VIRTUAL TECH SUPPORT to “See and Talk” with a “Real Time Live Technician” for any problems you may be in need of help with.
You can also use our “FREE MAINTENANCE PROGRAM”. Take the guesswork and worrying about what unit is due for maintenance and which maintenance cycle it is time for. We will keep track of all your autoclaves and let you know when it’s time for anything.